Whether you are out hunting or perhaps even sightseeing, a good spotting scope is always a great tool to have as part of your gear. Nothing can be more frustrating than looking for a target, but not being able to make out what it is at a distance. Fortunately, the Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope comes with many great followers and a great reputation.
Since the specs of these spotting scopes can be a little daunting for many newcomers, we had to look at the spotting scope to see what it is made of and how it works. This article will focus on some of the features and the downsides that the Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope will offer you on your outdoor journey.
- It has a 20-60X magnification
- The objective lens is a massive 60mm
- An adjustable tripod has been added for mounting
- The weight is 22.6-ounces in total
- Multi-coated lenses with BK7 glass is used for the lenses
- A 17mm eye relief is perfect for those with glasses
- It has an angled viewing configuration
- The outer coating makes it waterproof and it is fog proof
Review Of The Emarth 20-60x60ae Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope:
When looking at most spotting scopes, we can see that most of their specifications are fairly similar. Since the goal is to provide the user with easy sight at the range, one can assume that the technology is really close to one another. However, the Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope is one that stands out for the addition of a stable tripod.
The materials of the tripod and the scope are fairly similar, with hardened rubber being used as the casing. The tripod does have a few aluminum elements for stability, while also keeping it lightweight when you are on the move. These materials have made the unit waterproof while adding a shockproof grip to use it more comfortably.
Since focusing on magnification levels of more than 40X can be daunting, it does make sense to have the tripod. At these levels, the slightest of vibrations can actually distort your view of your target. However, using the tripod, allows you to clearly see your target at a magnification of 60X. The addition of multicoated optics can block out some of the sunrays, leaving a clear and uninterrupted view.
It is safe to say that the Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope has a range that far exceeds the 1000-yard mark. However, the field of view is one feature that you can keep in mind when tracking your target. According to the manufacturer, this spotting scope has a field of view is 19-36m at a range of 1000m. Measuring it in yards does not fully do the unit justice with all the capabilities it has.
With all these features, one might think that it can be heavy. While the entire unit is heavy, with the addition of the tripod, the spotting scope is only 22.60-ounces. This allows you to carry it along on backpacking journeys when you don’t want to use the massive tripod. However, we recommend adding the tripod for additional stability.
Looking through the unit, you will be looking down at an angle of 45-degrees. It does not sound like a big deal, but it can be something you get used to. Once you have mastered looking down through the scope, it becomes much easier to use as well. To make things even easier, the dials for adjusting the focus are right within your reach.
If you have ever wanted to see something up close when the light is beaming down, you can rely on this scope with the addition of the 60mm objective lens. It might even compare to one of the smaller telescopes that is one the market today. Even though you can look at the moon, it might be a little distorted at 60X magnification.
One of the only downsides is the close focus. The unit is not really made for excessive details on distant targets, or we have not yet figured out how it works. At a range of 250 or 300-yard, the unit will easily see facial details, but once you get past the 400-yard mark, it can be hard to look at excessive detail with perfect accuracy.
What We Like:
- Massive 60X magnification
- Versatile to be used for all your viewing pleasures
- Reasonably priced
- It includes a tripod that is fully adjustable for all users
- The large field of view makes it easy to keep track of targets
- Allows you to see clear detail at close ranges
- The unit also includes a limited lifetime warranty
What We Didn’t Like:
- The unit lacks a little of that detail at longer ranges
- With the tripod, it is heavy to carry around
- Without the tripod, the distortion can be overbearing
Is It Worth Buying?
- Whether you will be buying the Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope will all come down to what you want to do with it. If you need to a good spotting scope, it will work, but it is not really made for stargazing (However, you can see the moon clearly). The unit is quite durable and offers users something affordable that will last them a very long time.
If you like hunting or sightseeing, this spotting scope can be one of your best friends and we would recommend it. The affordable price makes it worth your time, while the limited lifetime warranty gives you some additional peace of mind. It is worth noting that the scope also works well for centering the scopes on your rifles.
Hunting, sightseeing, or simply bird watching, the Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope is an excellent addition to your gear and will make life so much easier. Once it is set up, most of the work is done and you can start using it. If you are looking for more Spotting Scopes, have a look at our spotting scope best list.