What is an expert golfer without a good rangefinder that will help them understand the greens and the location to the target? A rangefinder is one of the many tools in the arsenal of a golfer that can be used for golf and hunting, but the Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder is one of the top rangefinders that we have seen in the world of golf.
While the course yardage markers will give you an idea of distance, the rangefinder is one of the ultimate tools that can help you save some shots and improve your handicap. Bushnell has been in the industry for over 60-years, and today, we have a look at Pro X2 Rangefinders, as one of their latest additions to the game.
Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications:
- Slope-Switch Technology has been integrated to help the player understand and see the slopes
- Pinseeker technology will ensure the player finds the pin, while JOLT makes small vibration as the target is acquired
- Dual Display allows the player to decide how to view the details depending on lighting and background
- The 2nd Generation E.S.P. (Extreme Speed and Precision) will ensure all this happens fast
- It includes a 6Xmagnification that can be used for hunting and golfing
- The unit is designed from durable materials and a rubber grip, with an IPX7 waterproof rating
- A 16mm eye relief combines with the eyepiece for a wide field of view and better focus
Review of the Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder:
While these features don’t mean a thing if the rangefinder does not work, we can assure you that it is one of the leading options available. The 450-yard range is more than enough for anyone playing on a modern course. It might be a little too short for a massive Par 5 course, but you don’t need to worry as this will be enough for your average driving range.
The main feature that most people have come to like is the Dual Display feature. You can choose the background that will display the data. This can be in bright red or normal black and the preferences you choose will be largely based on the background conditions. This eliminates the need to find some shade when you need to see the distance.
The other features like Slope-Switch are not something you will be using in the competitions. Unfortunately, the handy little feature helps a lot when you have to calculate placement on the slopes and it makes it feel very much like a video game. The downside is that it is not allowed for use in competitions that regulated by the USGA.
If you don’t know the course, the rangefinder has been designed to make life better for most beginners. PinSeeker Technology is used by most brands nowadays. It might have a different name, but it helps you find the pin. The JOLT will ensure you can do this in the least amount of time and it will send a small vibration to notify you. As we have mentioned, the 2nd Generation E.S.P. is one of the leading features to make the unit work quickly.
Moving on to the unit as a whole, you will notice that it is rather lightweight. At only 14.4-ounces, the unit will not take that much space. It is constructed from durable metal and features a waterproof rubber housing. The waterproof rating is a massive IPX7. This will ensure that it can be placed in 1 meter of water for up to 30-minutes. Aside from the ergonomic feel that Bushnell has brought to the table, the unit is also specifically designed for technical golfers. It can capture all of the details of the game and help with predicting some of the shots. Should you want to improve your handicap a little, it will be this nifty little gadget that makes all of it possible.
One of the biggest complaints has been the lack of mounting options. This might not really bother everyone, but if you don’t feel like holding it all the time, or if you don’t have a steady hand, you might need this feature. However, the unit is steady and never needs to be recharged with a powerful CR2 battery that is affordable and easy to replace.
What We Liked:
- The lightweight and ergonomic feeling with a steady view
- It is extremely durable and the conditions will not affect you as much as expected
- The Slope-Switch feature can be turned off as per USGA rules and regulations
- A long-lasting CR2 battery never needs recharging and can be replaced easily
- It works in all lighting conditions
- All the technology is the latest of their kind
What We Didn’t Like:
- The unit does not come with any mounting options
- As expected, it is one of the most expensive options
Should You Buy It?
The Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder is one of those rangefinders that you will buy for more than golf. It might be marketed simply for golf, but all of this technology can be used in your hunting expeditions as well. It is a little expensive, but you should remember that this is Bushnell and they have a massive reputation in the industry.
A professional golfer might also be interested in the unit. Not only does it feature a complete design that works for almost any situation, but it is a powerful laser rangefinder and will outwork almost any comparable GPS. If you have the funds available and you are serious about reducing your golfing strokes, it is a great investment.
A golfer without a rangefinder is taking a lot of risks on the course. As mentioned, there are range markers, but these are not always pinpoint accurate. The Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder could be the difference-maker to your golfing game and take your experience to the next level.